Casual Staff required in Stanthorpe or Toowoomba/Lockyer Valley area.
Youth Worker Positions Available
FCSS delivers a range of services including respite, in-home support and residential care to children, young people and families.
Our Core Values underpin all that we do
• Quality • Respect • Integrity • Engagement • Emotional Intelligence
We are currently recruiting Casual staff who are interested in providing quality care and flexible support to children and young people in Out of Home Care.
As a Youth Worker you will work within a therapeutic model and be responsible for engaging and supporting children and young people with challenging and complex needs and behaviours to achieve social, educational and emotional goals.
• Ability to do shift work, including relief work and sleepovers.
• Experience working with children and young people with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression.
• Experience working with children and or young people in a residential environment.
• Cert IV (or higher) in Community Services, Youth Work or willingness to obtain one.
• An understanding of the Human Services Quality Framework and licencing requirements.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Current Blue card or ability to obtain
• Up to date first aid and CPR certificate
• Open drivers licence
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people, especially those who have suffered trauma and the resulting emotional and behavioural issues they might display.
• Completed behaviour support training
• Knowledge and an understanding of trauma and attachment
• Current LCS working with children check.
Benefits of working for FCSS
• Ongoing training and development
• Access to Salary Sacrificing benefits
• Work vehicle provided while on shift
• Access to Complex Care Counselling Services
To Apply To apply for this position please click the apply button.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We actively encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
Applications will be considered as they are received so apply quickly for immediate consideration.
Tagged as: QLD
Location: Community Services and Programs Employment Type: FT – Full-Time Temporary Department: Community Services & Programs Supporting Documentation: POSITION DESCRIPTION...Apply For This Job
Minjerriba Respite Centre commenced providing services to all home and community care eligible residents and visitors to North Stradbroke Island...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to join our Research and Evaluation team. The Research and Development...Apply For This Job
Therapeutic residential care This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our expanding services in Townsville working as a care...Apply For This Job
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss